Treating Fine Lines Around the Mouth
Do you refrain from smiling and laughing? Do you avoid whistling, sneezing, and other facial movement? Do you take an umbrella or parasol with you whenever you leave the house? Do you wear a baseball cap or ski mask with your outfit every day-winter, summer, spring and fall? No? Then you probably have fine lines and wrinkles starting to appear around your mouth. The climate of our Front Range area, plus the emotions and other impulses that cross our faces during normal daily life, practically guarantee it.
The fact is, no matter what you do, the skin around your mouth is subject to both dynamic wrinkles and fine lines. Dynamic wrinkles are created by repeated muscle action. Every time you grin or purse your lips, those lines you see get carved more deeply into your tissues. The effects of Colorado sun and dry air also contribute, by causing the breakdown of collagen and elastin and allowing fine lines and papery skin to form.
Help is available at Rejuvenate! We can treat those wrinkles around your mouth, or perioral lines, and have you looking much younger in no time.
Click to set up an appointment today.
Regain Your Beautiful, Kissable Mouth
We look forward to meeting you and working with you to restore smooth, youthful skin around your mouth. We design comprehensive skin care plans for Denver clients that have them smiling in the mirror again.
- As a first step, we'll design your own individual skin care regimen. Our compounding pharmacist will give you potent blends of medical grade ingredients not available to just anyone in any drug store. Your custom product will help smooth and protect your skin.
- A chemical peel is a powerful treatment we'll recommend. A light to medium peel is best for the delicate skin around your mouth; we have three of the best products available and we'll choose the one that's right for your particular needs.
- We'll use a tissue filler such as Restylane®, JUVÉDERM® or Perlane®, popular with many Denver residents, to lift up fine wrinkles around your lips from underneath. Wrinkle fillers support surface tissues by providing a strong, smooth foundation so that skin can rest flat once again. They last several months and sometimes longer.
- To keep dynamic wrinkles around your mouth from deepening with every emotion, we'll use BOTOX® Cosmetic. Denver residents of all kinds-men and women, young and old-are finding out just how effective this treatment can be for smoothing dynamic wrinkles. You'll still be able to smile and laugh and you'll still look like yourself, just younger and fresher than you have in a long time.
- Microdermabrasion with our DiamondTome™ wand is very effective finishing touch. The instrument, or wand, polishes your skin with a fine, diamond tip, painlessly brushing away old, tired cells and promoting the appearance of healthy, glowing skin.
Fine lines around your mouth, caused by both muscle action and environmental damage, don't improve by themselves, in fact they'll worsen with time. We'd like to help you get ahead of the game at Rejuvenate! Plan to come see us at either of two offices conveniently located to serve the entire Denver metro area. One is located just outside of Denver in lovely Golden, Colorado immediately off of I-70 and the other is located downtown in Cherry Creek, Denver. Give us a call today at 303.279.6100 (Golden) or 303.951.2100 (Cherry Creek).