Treating Acne Scars in Colorado
The physical and emotional scars that can result from moderate to severe cases of acne go hand in hand. If active acne has had a fairly profound effect on your skin, it's likely you have suffered psychological distress as well. After all, acne delivers multiple blows: it shows up at a time of life when we are very concerned about our looks, it appears on body parts that are difficult to cover up, and it leaves pits and craters on the skin. Acne can pose quite a challenge to your self-image.
Until recently, there weren't too many effective treatments for active acne nor for the scars it leaves in its wake. Fortunately, that's no longer the case. Physicians and skin care specialists can now treat acne and diminish or even eradicate outbreaks, and acne scars can be dramatically improved as well. And when you look better, with acne scarred skin once again smooth and healthy, you will feel better about your appearance and your self-confidence will soar.
Come continue the process of putting acne behind you at Rejuvenate! Click to set up an appointment with one of our experienced professionals today.
Smoothing Acne Scars for Colorado Clients
We have a comprehensive acne scar treatment plan for Denver area residents, one that will have your skin looking smoother and fresher than it has since your pre-teen years.
- The first step in treating your skin is to protect it from the effects of the sun, which can worsen the appearance of scars and damage skin after scar treatment. If you're currently using a drugstore product, you'll be pleased at how much more effective physician-strength sun protection products are. Our SkinCeuticals line contains both powerful UV blocking ingredients and super-antioxidants for good skin health as well as photo protection.
- Retin-A treatment is next. You'll receive a prescription-strength formula to apply at night. Over time, you'll see improvement in both the tone and texture of your skin, with both scars and fine lines appearing smoother. Our compounding pharmacist will also prepare a clear-serum Scar Therapy product for you containing L-Carnosine, an antioxidant known for its ability to boost cellular lifespan.
- A chemical peel restores your skin's smooth, healthy surface by causing deep exfoliation. We have three formulas to choose from to penetrate the skin and rid top layers of dead, dull cells. Blemishes, acne scars, and fine lines become less prominent or even disappear. Microdermabrasion is also effective in removing old skin cells and prompting new, glowing skin to emerge. Our Diamond Tome™ wand polishes your skin painlessly with a diamond tip, improving the appearance of acne scars.
- Microneedling yields amazing results in minimizing the appearance of acne scars. This treatment involves the use of a hand-held roller with hundreds of tiny needles that pierce the skin. These tiny wounds induce your skin's natural healing reaction: collagen production. Additionally, when used to treat acne scars, Microneedling helps to break down the fibrous bands of scar tissue that cause the indentation.
- A wrinkle filler can be injected strategically under problem areas to support the skin from below. Injectables like Restylane® are just as effective for erasing acne scars as they are for their best-known purpose, plumping fine lines and wrinkles.
- Finally, we'll recommend jane iredale makeup, a line of products that are actually good for your skin. They consist of natural pigments and beneficial minerals with no oil to clog pores and no chemicals or artificial dyes to irritate your skin. They feel as good as they look.
If your long battle with acne turned into a battle with acne scars, don't do battle alone. We can help smooth your skin and improve the appearance of acne scars. Plan to come see us at Rejuvenate! Our two offices are conveniently located to serve the entire Denver metro area. One is located just outside of Denver in lovely Golden, Colorado immediately off of 6th Ave westbound and the other is located downtown in Cherry Creek, Denver. Call (303) 279-6100 (Golden) or (303) 951-2100 (Cherry Creek) for an appointment.